Thursday 8 May 2008

Questionnaire Report

Age?
20

Sex?
Female


What is your degree subject (both if joint)?
BA Hons Social Care and Social Policy


Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
I think it does when it comes to politics

If so, how? And if not, why not?
My reasons why is because of the debate of why these topics are classed as being bad and also the reasons behind why they were ‘bad’
.

Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?
Being Bad has been at an appropriate level.


Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?
Yes. It was all to do with human life and nature.


Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?
Not that I can think of, but all of them where very interesting.


Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
Yes, I didn’t have a problem with it.


What did you think of the module team?
The module team were very good and helpful. I learnt a lot from their teaching and knowledge.


Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions?
No, I liked how it was, there wasn’t too many and people were individually discussing during the lecture to the whole class, which I liked because I can hear their opinions.

Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?
We had a few of these which I enjoyed, but too many would distract the class as I noticed many people weren’t listening and they were talking amongst themselves, so I feel that there were a reasonable amount of debates among the class.

Information and talk from lecturers?
I haven’t found I needed any information and if I did I knew who to go to, but the talk from the lectures, individuals talked about it amongst themselves.


The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
Yes as this covered areas of the classes background of what they were studying.


Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
Yes for some, but others may not work out.


Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
Yes because I learnt a lot this way.


Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
Yes.


Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?
I haven’t really thought about it, but if i am able to then i will consider taking it up.


Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
Yes definitely


Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
I thought so yes, because it made me understand the topic more and i was able to but down my thoughts about the topic and it also showed I took an interest in the module.


What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?
I really didn’t mind. What I did found difficult was the creative writing piece, it was something I wanted to do, but because I have never done this before it took me a while to get started.


What have you learned from the module?
I have learned how society has seen the world and how in time aspects change, as this is obvious, I never thought about it like this. There were also other things that I learnt and never knew of, for example the shock of masturbation ‘being bad’ I didn’t understand why until I went to the lecture, it was still a shock of how we have changed. Masturbation is a norm, but many years ago it was a crime.

No comments: