Thursday 1 May 2008

Bad Behaviour - Litter

Litter is very unattractive. It puts me off when walking down the streets and there is litter everywhere. It’s dirty!


Especially when it is dustbin day and if the black bags have been ripped, due to cats or foxes during the night, then there will be a mess, and it isn’t dust-man job to pick up the remaining. Their job is to pick up our household rubbish each week. But when they have gone, some owners of the remaining rubbish do not clean it up! I remember when I was younger, the bin men had already came out and been and walking to the bus-stop and this one road, and even today it is still like it, the rubbish would be all over the floor, all along the pavement, the whole road! The rubbish was disgraceful! It smelts! It looked a mess. And people will not clean it up. To me it looked like that it had already been ripped open before they took them out to the streets.
My mom always cleans up the mess. Its respect and it’s looking after the area.


Also, the council have help target littering, giving fines out and also putting extra bins in the street. Nearly every street has one now, and there is always one! So littering is no excuse. In the city centre there are numerous of bins and to be fair you don’t normally see much litter. The main place I find, are roads and streets and also parks. I hate it when you see litter in the river or pond. It is dangerous to nature. And it doesn’t do much for the community either. and it causes polution. I think littering makes the place look run down.
What’s wrong in cleaning up your own mess? What is wrong in putting the rubbish in the bin? I was brought up with these manners, so there is no excuse to not use them. Also I know is it the right thing to do.


No comments: